Senior Adults gather at the center daily to socialize, participate in activities, learn and connect.
Senior Nutrition Center Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 8:30am-12:30 pm, Closed Holidays
- We provide lunch daily- a nutritionally balanced meal.
- Transportation is available for seniors who live close to the center (1-3 miles)
- We partner with the San Antonio Food Bank to provide supplementary groceries for low-income seniors:
- Project H.O.P.E. (Healthy Options for Elderly Program)
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CFSP)
There is no charge for these services. A donation is suggested for meals. All donations benefit the Senior Nutrition & Activity Program.
Some Activities we enjoy:
Bingo: Tuesday & Thursday, sometimes Wednesday, too!
Exercise: Daily-- access to state of the art exercise bikes and treadmills, yoga, sit & be fit, walk the center, dance, senior's choice!
Salsa, Merenge, Zumba classes: Thursday- what does our instructor have in store?
Billiards: The Golden Cue Club wlcomes you!
Celebrations! Birthdays, Fiesta, Mother's Day, Father's Day, any milestone you like...
Other fun things we do:
- Arts & crafts, many other creative ventures
- Field trips! movies, flea market, Market Square, the park...
- Dances! complete with a live band or DJ
- Educational sessions
- Advocacy for those concerns affecting older adults