Seniors/ Older Adults
Senior Adults gather at the center daily to socialize, learn and connect. Interacting with friends at the Center ensures that people take better care of their health and well-being. We keep a watchful eye to make sure our seniors are looking well and enjoying activities: field trips, bingo, nutrition education, exercise and celebrations.
We provide resources from all over San Antonio to support healthy and active lifestyle.
Senior Center Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8:30am-12:30 pm, Closed Holidays
- We provide lunch daily- a nutritionally balanced meal.
- Transportation is available for seniors who live close to the center
- We partner with the San Antonio Food Bank to provide supplementary groceries for low-income seniors:
- Project H.O.P.E. (Healthy Options for Elderly Program)
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CFSP)
There is no charge for these services. A donation is suggested for meals. All donations benefit the Senior Nutrition & Activity Program.
Some Activities we enjoy:
Bingo: Tuesday & Thursday, sometimes Wednesday, too!
Exercise: Daily– access to state of the art exercise bikes and treadmills, yoga, sit & be fit, walk the center, dance, senior’s choice!
Salsa, Merenge, Zumba classes: Thursday- what does our instructor have in store?
Billiards: The Golden Cue Club wlcomes you!
Celebrations! Birthdays, Fiesta, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, any milestone you like…
Other fun things:
- Arts & crafts, many other creative ventures
- Field trips! movies, flea market, Market Square, the park…
- Dances! complete with a live band or DJ
- Educational sessions
- Advocacy for those concerns affecting older adults
ENROLLMENT: Adults 60+ years of age;
Please bring: ID, Social Security Award Letter, Current Bank Statement. Our Senior Program Director will help you register and access all of the resources available to you!